A Unique Lakefront Resort on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.
The Tahoe Sands Resort is perched lakefront on the sunny side of Tahoe’s North Shore. Centrally located in Tahoe Vista, the Tahoe Sands Resort spans across four acres of open lakefront property and also offers a more private get-away hidden in the wooded acreage adjacent to the main buildings. We offer studios, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom free-standing cabins and lodge suites complete with kitchens or kitchenettes available to public renters and exchange program members.
Tahoe Sands Resort boasts an unusual Tahoe history. Our cottages, built in the 1930s and 40s were once military training barracks. And our comfy lodge was built in the 1960s to accommodate Winter Olympians. Now a comfy basecamp for your Sierra adventures, Tahoe Sands Resort offers an array of suites, 1- and 2- bedroom stand-alone cottages. We are a beachfront property so our units feature some of the best views in Tahoe Vista along with fully stocked kitchens or kitchenettes!
Tahoe Sands Resort is located in Tahoe Vista at the water’s edge on Lake Tahoe’s North Shore. Featuring an expansive white sand beach, we are a favorite destination of outdoor enthusiasts. For water lovers, you can paddle or swim from our beach. Trailheads from Tahoe Vista lead hikers and mountain bikers through miles of wilderness. And of course, Tahoe’s Big 12 Ski Resorts are all within an easy drive. After all that activity, Tahoe Vista offers a wide variety of dining options for every taste and budget.
Tahoe Sands Amenities:
- Spectacular views of Lake Tahoe
- Direct Beach Access
- 2 Heated Outdoor Swimming Pools during the summer months (Currently Closed)
- Hot Tub all year-round (Currently Closed)
- Sauna all year-round
- 2 Playgrounds
- Basketball Court
- Bocce Court
- Horseshoe Pit
- Lawn Area with Picnic Tables and Chairs (Under Renovation)
- Cozy Cottages
- Lodge Suites
- Complimentary WiFi (If you are planning to work from your home-away-from-home while you are with us or doing distance learning, please be advised that the WiFi at the resort has a limited capacity. We recommend relying on your phone or hotspot to connect to work and school. Also, the storms that bring the snow that we all enjoy do come with high winds that can interrupt internet service. )